SELE becomes WEAI Allied Society
Dear SELE friends,
SELE was recently invited to become a Western Economic Association International (WEAI) Allied Society , an invitation that we were honored to receive and accept.
Formed in 1922, WEAI currently publishes two journals, Economic Inquiry and Contemporary Economic Policy, and holds two conference series, the Annual Conferences and Pacific Rim Conferences.
Our new membership confers the following benefits to SELE members:
- SELE session participants may register for WEAI conferences at the WEAI member rate.
- Paper presenters who join, or are already members of WEAI, may submit conference papers within six months without a journal submission fee to Economic Inquiry or Contemporary Economic Policy.
- Conference attendees are welcome to attend any of the sessions on the conference program, gaining access to fellow economists from around the world.
- WEAI membership is available for $55/year and is not required for participation in conferences – only for conference paper submission without a submittal fee.
89th Annual Conference (27 June – 1 July, 2014), The Grand Hyatt Denver.
Keynote Addresses will include:
- Orley Ashenfelter, Princeton University.
- George Kaufman, Loyola University Chicago, Presidential Address tentatively titled “Public Policy and Banking.”
Pacific Rim Conference (8-11 January 2015), Hosted by the Victoria University of Wellington (New Zealand).
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Robert Engle, 2003 recipient of The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel,
- Christopher Sims, 2011 recipient of The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel,
- David Card, University of California, Berkeley, and 2014-2015 WEAI President-Elect and Program Committee Chair.
For further information, please see http://www.weai.org/.
During SELE 2014, interest for SELE (panel) presentations at these and future meetings can be expressed and discussed.
For those with a preliminary interest in the 2014 Denver meeting, please contact (josephinevanzeben[@]gmail.com)